The Seven African Powers refers to the seven Orishas that are called upon in times of need. These deities represent all that is sacred and powerful in Santeria. These deities include:
- Eleguna- Opens and closes paths to mankind. Ruler of the crossroads.
- Yemaya- Motherhood and queen of the sea
- Oshun- Goddess of love and abundance
- Chango- Lighting, power, sensuality and passion
- Obatala- Eldest of the Orisahs; Creator of all mankind
- Oya- Communication between the living and the dead
- Ogun- Father figure. Orisha of tools and weapons.